Thank you for reserving a lesson with Stevens Pass Ski and Snowboard School. Below is important information to know and consider prior to your visit. For location information, reference our Base Area Map.
Arriving to the Resort
Group Lessons Ages 3-12
Kids Club and Adventure Club check-in happens at the Ski and Snowboard School Building. The facility is a one-stop-shop for your child's lesson, ticket and equipment rental, so head straight there from the parking lot.
Morning check-in begins at 8am on weekends and holidays, and 8:30am mid-week non-holiday. Morning and Full Day check-in ends at 9:15am sharp. If you arrive to the school after check-in has ended we may not be able to accommodate you in a lesson for that day. On Peak Days we strongly advise aiming to arrive to the resort as early as possible, and no later than 8am as traffic, road conditions and parking can often unexpectedly extend your travel time. Afternoon check-in runs from 11:30am - 12:15pm. Again, we strongly suggest arriving as early as possible.
If you are running late, please focus on arriving safely, but in order to ensure classes are timely we cannot guarantee your reserved start time once check-in has closed.
Group Lessons Ages 13+
Lessons and Progression Sessions meet on-snow outside the Rental Center 5-10 minutes prior to the lesson start time. Please make sure you are ready to ski or snowboard, with your equipment and lift ticket. If you need/reserved equipment, we recommend aiming to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to your lesson start time to allow enough time for traffic, parking and to visit the Rental Center first prior to lesson check-in. Our Rental Center opens at 8:30am and at 7:30am on Peak Days
Private Lessons All Ages
Private Lesson check-in happens at the Ski and Snowboard School Building 5-10 minutes prior to the lesson start time. If you are renting equipment, please collect this from the Rental Center before checking in. We recommend that you allow at least 90 minutes for parking and equipment rental especially on Peak Days. Reserving equipment online ahead of time will save you time when you arrive.
Before You Leave for the Resort
- If you need to change or cancel your reservation please refer to our cancelation policy below
- Check the weather forecast and road conditions and adjust your preparation and travel times accordingly
- If you are not familiar with the area, check our First Time Guide for parking, directions and local conditions information
- Be sure to fuel up with a healthy breakfast and plenty of fluids for a day on the snow
- Wear layers to be able to adjust to changing weather conditions. For children, label their clothes and any extra belongings
Gratuities for coaches are not a requirement but an appropriate and appreciated gesture. A 10-20% gratuity based on the cost of the lesson will make your coach feel very appreciated and valued.
Daily Lesson Cancellation Policy
Changes or cancellations for daily lesson reservations MUST be made 2 days prior to your reservation date in order to receive a FULL REFUND.
- To cancel, please email email@example.com or call 206-812-4510 ext. 1706. We recommend you error on the side of caution if you are sick.
- Full refunds will only be issued for cancellations received 2 days before your lesson date.
- If you cancel the day prior to your lesson you will be charged a fee of $25 for group lessons or $50 for private lessons.
- If you cancel after 7:00am the day of your lesson or no call/no show you will be charged the full rate of the lesson reserved.
- Refunds are not given due to weather or road conditions
- In the event of a full highway or mountain closure we will contact you to reschedule without charge
- Refunds are not given for arriving late to your lesson or leaving early
Seasonal Lesson Cancellation Policy
- Dates will be rescheduled only in the event of a full mountain or highway closure
- Partial refunds will not be offered for days missed
- Stevens Pass Season Passes or Lift Tickets purchased with Multi-week Programs are subject to the resort Reimbursement Policy
- Multi-week Lesson reservations may be cancelled and reimbursed in full up only to 3 weeks priopr to the program start date
- Cancelations after this date are subject to the terms and conditions of a Reimbursement Request and only offered in the case of relocation or a medical condition preventing participation
Peak Days represent our most popular days with the highest lesson and resort guest volume. The most affordable lesson options can therefore be found on off-peak days. For Teen and Adult Group Lessons and Private Lessons for all ages we also offer further discounts on select days after 4pm.
Peak Days for 2018-19 are listed below and on our Season Schedule.
- December: 15-16, 22-23 & 26-31
- January: 5-6, 12-13, 19-21 & 26-27
- February: 2-3, 9-10, 16-18, 23-24
- March: 2-3 & 9-10