In a Private Lesson setting the instructor can create a personalized learning environment for you and maximize your learning potential. Private Lessons also offer the opportunity for groups to learn together.
- Make an online inquiry for dates more than 48 hours in advance HERE
- Or call us at 206-812-7387 to speak to us directly or for inquiries within 48 hours
- Reservations are highly recommended. If you are planning a trip on a weekend or during a holiday we advise reserving as much as a week in advance as we frequently reach capacity going in to peak days.
- Peak Days are defined by the 2018-19 Season Schedule
PERSONALIZE THEIR EXPERIENCE…
|Full Day Lesson||$475||$585|
- Peak Days are defined by the 2018-19 Season Schedule
- Advertised prices are for up to two people and for all ability levels.
- Bring along friends or family and create your own group for $50 per additional person, per lesson up to a maximum of 5 people
- Private Lessons do not include lift ticket or rental equipment. Equipment can be reserved online
- For more detailed reservation information, including our cancellation/reschedule policy for Private Lessons please click here
NIGHT TIME SPECIAL
2-Hour private lesson any time after 4pm. Offset the crowds with a later arrival on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays when we are open for night operations. Price is same for all nights.
This 90-minute lesson is for kids aged 2-6 offers the ideal time frame for young children, and the private setting really helps them connect with the sport, the snow and an instructor to set the foundation for a lifelong passion. Parents are welcome to join and to be part of their child’s learning experience, and this can also serve as a way to ease children in who are not quite ready for group lessons. Not available on Peak Days.
Reservations, check-in and cancellations
Q: Can I request a particular ski or snowboard instructor?
Answer: Yes! You can request the instructor of your choice when you make a reservation for a private lesson. Please book at least 48 hours in advance so that we can coordinate your schedule with the instructor’s schedule, and be aware that instructors do take days off. If you are planning a trip on a weekend or during a holiday we advise reserving as much as a week in advance as we frequently reach capacity going in to peak days.
Q: Do I need to know which instructor I want when I book?
Answer: No! Just tell us a little bit about your personality and what you want to get out of the lesson and we will find the perfect instructor to match your needs.
Q: What time should I arrive for my Private Lesson?
Answer: If you need to rent ski or snowboard equipment we recommend arriving at the resort 90 minutes prior to your lesson start time to allow ample time to park, get fitted with your rental equipment and check in at the Ski & Snowboard School. If you own your own equipment plan to arrive no less than 45 minutes prior to your lesson start time to allow ample time for parking and check-in.
Q: If I’m running late can I push back my start time?
Answer: Unfortunately we cannot accommodate changes to a scheduled lesson unless done so with at least 24 hours notice, and even then it may not be possible depending on other bookings. Private lessons must finish on time as we schedule instructors for specific time blocks and often book instructors on back to back lessons so pushing back one reservation often affects others. If you are running late, call us at 206-812-7387 and choose the option for Late Arrivals/Cancellations to leave us a message to maximize our chances of being able to work something out.
Q: Where do I go when I arrive?
Answer: If you require rental equipment, go to the ground floor of the Tye Creek Lodge as seen here on the Stevens Pass Base Area Map. If you have your own ski or snowboard equipment, head straight for the Ski & Snowboard School building.
Q: What is the cancellation policy for private lessons?
Answer: Changes or cancelations MUST be made 2 days prior to your reservation date in order to receive a FULL REFUND.
- To cancel, please email email@example.com or call 206-812-4510 and listen for the cancellation options. We recommend you error on the side of caution if you are sick.
- Full refunds will only be issued for cancelations received 2 days before your lesson date.
- If you cancel the day prior to your lesson you will be charged a fee of $50.
- If you cancel after 7:00am the day of your lesson or no call/no show you will be charged the full rate of the lesson reserved.
- Refunds are not given due to weather or road conditions
- In the event of a full highway or mountain closure we will contact you to reschedule without charge
- Refunds are not given for arriving late to your lesson or leaving early
General Private Lesson questions
Q: What’s the ideal length of time for a Private Lesson if I am a beginner?
Answer: It is ideal to choose a 2-hour private lesson if you are new to snowboarding or skiing. This gives you time to get acquainted with the equipment, the basics of sliding, and getting on and off the chairlift, with time left over to practice and learn the basics by actually sliding on the hill with your coach. You can extend your lesson if you are feeling strong and ready for more.
Q: How many people can take a Private Lesson?
Answer: Private lesson prices include up to two students. You can add additional students to any private lesson of any length for $50 per extra student. Please be aware that larger groups mean less individual instruction time. We don’t recommend groups larger than five people.
Q: Should everyone in the group be at the same age and ability level?
Answer: When possible, yes. Mixed ability levels create a difficult group dynamic for the instructor. If you wish to place people of different levels, ages or learning capacities in the same private lesson, please be aware that the instructor will focus the majority of their time on the student with the lowest ability in the group.
Q: Can skiers and snowboarders be in the same Private Lesson?
Answer: No. We have some very talented instructors, but even they can only teach one discipline at a time! If you have both skiers and snowboarders who wish to take a lesson you will need to book two separate lessons.
Q: Can I take a break in the middle of my Private Lesson?
Answer: You are welcome to take a break; however, the clock on the Private Lesson does not stop so please take this into consideration when booking lessons that run over popular meal times.