When:Tuesday, February 18 2014 - Friday, February 21 2014
Where:K2 Mountain Education Center
The AIARE Level 2 course is a 4-day program that provides back country leaders the opportunity to advance their avalanche knowledge and decision-making skills. This course also includes the introductory and prerequisite components for the professional progression: the AIARE Level 3 certificate. The AIARE 2 course builds from the introductory avalanche hazard management model introduced in the Level 1 course and adds to it the evaluation of factors critical to stability evaluation.
Student learning outcomes will include:
- Advance understanding of avalanche terrain, particularly from the perspective of stability analysis.
- Discussing how snowpack develops and metamorphosizes over time, and discussing the factors that contribute to spatial variability.
- Learning standard observation guidelines and recording formats for factors that influence or indicate snow stability. SWAG MODULE.
- Advance understanding of avalanche release and triggering mechanisms.
- Introducing a snow stability analysis and forecasting framework.
- Improving companion rescue skills including multiple and deep burials.
Tuesday-Friday, February 18-21 (four days)
*The AIARE curriculum is nationally known and certified.
For more information on our Avalanche & First Aid Education courses, you can visit our full course listing HERE or call 206-812-4510 ext. 4178 to speak with our Mountain Education Coordinator.
To register, please call our Sales & Reservations office at 206-812-4510 ext. 4206.
NOTE: Classes can be offered on other times/days by special request for groups of four or more.