When:Saturday, February 23 2019 - Sunday, February 24 2019
24-Hour Fundraising Challenge. Hope on the Slopes is an individual and team ski and snowboarding event held at resorts around the country. The goal of Hope on the Slopes is to come together while raising funds and awareness for the American Cancer Society. Participants of all ages and skills engage in friendly competition for awards and prizes in fundraising. Each participant will be given tools to create a custom fundraising web page designed to help set goals, acknowledge supporters and share their journey with donors and friends online. Fundraising begins November 1 and goes thru June 1. Funds raised after the event do not count towards your event total, but will be counted as an overall fundraising total.
Each participant is challenged to raise $250 during the season. Reach fundraising goals and earn cool swag from our sponsors and more.
- 7am- Registration Opens (Trailside Room- Pacific Crest Lodge)
- 9am- Hope on the Slopes Event Kick-off
- 10:30am- Photo challenge begins
- 12:00pm- Participant photo (Clock Tower)
- 3:00pm-5 card draw run
- 4:30pm- Photo callenge ends
- 5pm-6pm- Stevens Pass Avy Dog meet and greet (Base Area)
- 6pm-8pm- Stevens Pass Avalanche Dog fundraiser raffle and dog shirts (2nd floor of Tye Creek Lodge)
- 6pm-10pm- Buzz Brump in the Foggly Goggle
- 8:00pm- Honor Run (Meet at top of Hogsback)
- 8:30pm- Hope Ceremony (Pacific Crest Lodge)
- 10pm- Dinner for participants (Pacific Crest Lodge)
- 10pm-11pm- Mandatory break and dinner.
- 11pm-9am- Overnight skiing/riding for participants only. Chairlift TBA. Must have a physical HOTS ticket to ride after hours.
- 5am-6am- Mandatory break for participants while Kehr's Chair is groomed
- 8:30am- Fundraising challenge closes
- 9am- Closing ceremonies and awards (Pacific Crest Lodge/Trailside Room)
- Please arrive early to get checked in and avoid lines and to ensure parking
- HOTS overnight Parking will be available in Lot E Overflow toward the back (All participants must use overnight parking to avoid being towed). Parking Map HERE.
- HOTS discounted tickets will be available (Group Sales/Trailside Room from 7am-10am) for HOTS participants who are non-pass holders. Pass holders will need to get a Hope on the Slopes ticket in order to participate at a discount for Select passes and for FREE with Premium passes. You must show your HOTS ID at time of purchase to get the discount and your lift ticket. Tickets available in Guest Relations after 10am until 10pm. Must show proof of registration with HOTS ID.
- Non-Pass Holders: $80 for ages 16-69, $60 for 7-15, $20 for 70+
- Select Pass Holders: $60 for ages 16-69, $40 for 7-15, $20 for 70+
- Premium Pass Holders: FREE (Must get a Hope on the Slopes ticket- Your pass will not be valid after 10pm. You will use your pass until 10pm, but need to also have the paper ticket before 10pm. Tickets will not be sold or replaced after 10pm if lost or forgot to take care of this at registration. All participants will get a special HOTS ticket)
- You need to get your HOTS lift ticket to participate in overnight riding/skiing. If you do NOT get your free ticket with proof of registration and pass or purchase ticket you will not be allowed to ride overnight. You will not be able to register, purchase a ticket past 10pm. If you lose your ticket after 10pm you will not be able to ride overnight. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Tickets are valid from 9am Saturday until 10pm Sunday.
- Lift Ticket Restrictions - Vouchers and FREE tickets obtained outside of HOTS will not work after 10pm. These can not be combined or used to participate in HOTS overnight.
- Fill out your Stevens Pass HOTS waiver in advance to save a little time. You can download it HERE.
- Pacific Crest Lodge will be open 24 hours for HOTS participants to use for sleeping, storing gear and bathrooms. The first floor of the PCL is available to sleep in. The 2nd floor will be closed off, but the inside of the Iron Goat will be open after 11pm-6am for participants to sleep as well. The front part of the Iron Goat needs to be left clear and clean for SPAC to use for registration of their race.
- Obey all posted signs and closures for safety! When skiing and riding after 11pm-9am please be aware of machinery on hill and stick to designated runs only for safety.
- Quiet hours for the RV Lot and overnight camping in Lot E are 10pm-7am.
- No outside alcohol or open containers allowed at Stevens Pass.
To register please visit Ski and Ride for a Cure's website!