When:Sunday, April 21 2019
Pond Skim, chuck a duck, dummy downhill, live music with Roemen and The Whereabouts, DJ, beer gardens and more. We will also be hiding a golden egg this year for one lucky winner on the mountain (all ages). You will want to stay tuned to our social media channels and the whiteboards at the lifts for clues starting at 9am.
New this year- Helly Hansen Splash Zone! We will have a VIP area that four lucky guests will get geared up in Helly Hansen rain gear and have VIP viewing and seating for the pond skim. Winners will be picked via social media contest the week of the event so stay tuned for more details.
11am - Dummy Downhill- I5
- Build a dummy and send it down the mountain, ending in a jump of destruction!
- FREE to enter your dummy
- Register your dummy at the Outdoors For All tent in the plaza day of OR send an email to email@example.com to pre register with your team name, team captain's name and a contact phone number. We'll tell you where to drop off your dummy so we can get it to the top of the course. (Must be able to be towed behind snowmobile and not exceed 200 lbs. May not have explosives)
- Don't forget to pick up what's left of your dummy after the destruction!
- Dummy will be judged on creativity, distance and staying intact. There will be a winner for most creative, most distance and in the event of a tie for most distance it will be based on which dummy stays together the most. There will also be an award for best crash!
- Please have Dummy's ready at ski check in the base area at 10:00am to start being towed to the top of the course.
12pm - Chuck-a-Duck
- Try your hand at tossing a rubber duck (or 50!) into a target in the pond - the first three folks who land a duck in the target will win a 2019-20 Stevens Pass Premium Pass!
- Purchase your rubber duck(s) at the Outdoors for All tent in the plaza - all proceeds benefit Outdoors for All.
- $5 for one duck or five for $20 to raise money for Outdoors For All and your chance to win a Premium Stevens Pass Season Pass for winter 2019-2020.
1pm - Pond Skim!
- Think you can make it across our 75-foot long pond on your skis or snowboard? There's only one way to find out!
- $20 to register for the pond skim - register at Guest Relations. All pond skim participants will receive a backpack from Helly Hansen!
- A waiver is required to participate - sign at Guest Relations when you register.
- Must wear and be able to show wristband at the start of the course.
- Minimum participant age is 10 years old. (NEW for 2019)
- NO ski poles are allowed for the pond skim.
- No facemasks or costumes that cover your face allowed or costumes that inhibit full visibility. (NEW for 2019)
- No teams allowed. (NEW for 2019)
- No fires allowed in costumes.
- No nudity, thongs or bare butts allowed.
- Helmets required.
- No animals.
- Any participant that is visibily intoxicated will not be allowed to participate. No open containers or alcohol allowed in line or while pond skimming.
- Must compete on skis or snowboards. No sleds, sit-skis or ski bikes allowed.
- 150 spots available for Pond Skim on a first come first serve basis. Pond Skim will be capped at 150. (NEW for 2019)
Registration for chuck-a duck, pond skim and dummy downhill open at 9am. Beer Garden will be open from 11am-4pm (next to Outer Limits Grill)
*All events, times and locations subject to change without notice*
Stevens Pass will be collecting old/broken skis and snowboards on the plaza in the base area over the weekend. All collected gear will go to Ski Artistry to get made into functional art. Bring up your old/broken gear up to be recycled this weekend!
Check out photos from last season at the gallery below!