When:Saturday, April 1 2017
Check out some photos from Retro Fools Day 2016:
Showcase your Euro carving skills in the slalom race and earn time deductions based on how old your gear is. After the race, head over to the old school stunt ditch and huck your meat! We will have a beer garden so you can view the stunt ditch while listening to some retro tunes. Don't miss your chance to walk the "runway" in your best retro gear for your chance to win best costume!
There will be a mega prize raffle and awards for best dressed, fastest time in the slalom race, best trick in the stunt ditch, and most radical. The older and more retro your gear, the more style points you get in the ditch and the quicker time you'll post in the slalom race.
Event registration and raffle proceeds will benefit The Service Board.
- $25 for adults
- $20 for youth (under age 21)
- Event Ticket $37
All participants must have a completed and signed waiver (a parent or guardian must sign for anyone under 18).
Event timeline (All times and events subject to change without notice)
- 8am-10am Registration (Outside Guest Relations- Granite Peaks Lodge. Event tickets and registration purchased in Guest Relations)
- 10:00am - Meet at the bottom of the stunt ditch to ride up Kehr's for a group run to the race course
- 10am- Race course inspection
- 10:30am- Race start (each competitor gets two runs)
- 1pm-3pm Stunt Ditch
- 3pm- Awards and Raffle (bottom of stunt ditch)
Time Deductions and Awards
**No snowblades. Period.**
- Retro Jacket: -1 sec
- Retro Pants: -1 sec
- One Piece: -3 sec
- Flair: -1 sec
- Very Old Board/skis Pre ‘92: -3 sec
- Kind of Old Board/ski Pre ‘99: -1 sec
- Old Boots: -3 sec
- Post-2000 Board: +10 sec
- Post-2000 Skis: +10 sec
**All deduction decisions are subject to change and are based on judges’ discretion (bribes are welcomed)!**
- Most Radical (The Chris Rudolph Award)
- Dirtbag (Not retro, just foolishly dressed. Jeans, cowboy hats, speed suits, etc.)
- Best Method
- “Hot Dogger” - Best Ski-trick