When:Sunday, April 23 2017
One last blowout for the winter season! Springfest boasts live music and activities for everyone!
Pond Skim, chuck a duck, dummy downhill, live music, DJ, beer gardens featuring Rainier and Icicle Brewing Company and more fun!
12pm - Dummy Downhill- I5
- Build a dummy and send it down the mountain, ending in a jump of destruction!
- FREE to enter your dummy
- Register your dummy at the Outdoors For All tent in the plaza day of OR send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to pre register with your team name, team captain's name and a contact phone number. We'll tell you where to drop off your dummy so we can get it to the top of the course. (Must be able to be towed behind snowmobile and not exceed 200 lbs. May not have explosives)
- Don't forget to pick up what's left of your dummy after the destruction!
- Dummy will be judged on creativity, distance and staying intact. There will be a winner for most creative, most distance and in the event of a tie for most distance it will be based on which dummy stays together the most. There will also be an award for best crash!
- Please have Dummy's ready at ski check in the base area at 11:00am to start being towed to the top of the course.
1pm - Chuck-a-Duck
- Try your hand at tossing a rubber duck (or 50!) into a target in the pond - the first five folks who land a duck in the target will win a 2017-18 winter season pass!
- Purchase your rubber duck(s) at the Outdoors for All tent in the plaza - all proceeds benefit Outdoors for All.
- $5 for one duck or five for $20 to raise money for Outdoors For All and your chance to win a season pass.
2pm - Pond Skim!
- Think you can make it across our 75-foot long pond on your skis or snowboard? There's only one way to find out!
- $20 to register for the pond skim - register at Guest Relations.
- A waiver is required to participate - sign at Guest Relations when you register.
- NO ski poles are allowed for the pond skim.
*Ski & Snowboard Recycling at Stevens Pass Climate Team booth during Springfest! This is the 2nd year for the SkiArtistry.com ski recycling program in the Seattle/Bellevue/Everett area. Hundreds if not thousands of skis are tossed in the landfill every year in the greater Seattle area. The Ski/Snowboard recycling program finds new uses for those boards since they cannot be recycled by the typical process due to the complexity of their construction. If you have old skis or snowboards, recycle them at the Stevens Pass Climate team booth near the clock tower during Springfest. Skiartistry.com will donate $5 to POW (Protect our Winters) for every pair of skis or snowboard donated.If you can't make it to Springfest you can donate skis at Sturtevant's, Value Village Redmond, Seattle Ski & Snowboard or Westra Sports.
Registraiton for chuck-a duck, pond skim and dummy downhill open at 9am. Beer Garden will be open from 11am-4pm (next to Outer Limits Grill) with DJ, promos from Icicle Brewing Company, Rainier and Casual Industrees! Don't miss your shot at a one of a kind shirt done by Casual Industrees during the Springfest event. (limited quantities available).