When:Saturday, February 25 2017 - Sunday, February 26 2017
Where:Pacific Crest Lodge
HOPE on the Slopes, Ski and Ride for a Cure (HOTS) is back at Stevens Pass to make a stand against cancer for its 12th consecutive year.
The Endurance Challenge returns this season! Participants are challenged to log 2 runs every hour for 24 hours. Not only do you have a chance to make a difference while participating, you also get the opportunity to experience riding after the mountain closes, and riding while the sun sets and rises in the beautiful Cascades. In order to participate in the endurance challenge you need to load HOTS access on your pass or purchase a HOTS ticket and use lifts with RFID gates to be tracked. Brooks, Daisy, Hogsback, Kehr's and Skyline all have RFID gates to track your runs per hour.
This year's event will also include a bunch of fun activities throughout the day, including a 5-card draw run, on-mountain scavenger hunt, costume contest, raffle, music, pizza party, and more! There will be sweet prizes for top individual and team fundraisers and awards for endurance challenge finishers. Prizes may include: K2 Skis & Snowboards, Stevens season pass for 2017/18, Go Pro’s, and swag from our sponsors.
The highlight of the event will be Saturday’s evening Torchlight Parade where skiers and boarders travel down the mountain carrying torches that illuminate the night. At the bottom of the run, torches are placed around the glowing word “HOPE” as we reflect of those we have lost and those who are currently fighting this dreadful disease.
Funds raised through HOTS benefit the American Cancer Society and their mission. Join your fellow skiers & boarders and enjoy a day on the mountain with friends and family. Together we will find a CURE! Together we will finish the FIGHT!
Check-in and registration is from 7:00am - 8:30am. Please check in upon arrival to ensure your vertical feet will be tracked. Turn in any registration fees or donations, if applicable. The tracking competition begins at 9:00am and will go for 24 hours!
Tickets for the event will be $60 for adults 16-69, $40 for 7-15, $15 for 70+, and Free for 6 & under which are good for two days and will be able to be purchased the day of the event with proof of registration from Group Sales (Trailside Room) If you are a premium passholder your ticket will be free, but you still need to load it on your pass or you will not be able to ski after 10:00pm. All participants must get a HOTS ticket in order to participate in vertical tracking and ski past 10:00pm. If you have a select pass that is not valid on peak days you will want to purchase the event ticket to be added on your pass to participate. Select passholders ages 16-69 $40 and 7-15 $30 special event pricing. If you do not load your ticket during registration you won't be able to ski past 10pm. Tickets will not be loaded after 10pm so make sure you load your ticket.
Registration is $35.00 and you can sign up as an individual or as a team of 4-10 participants. Registration is live and fundraising has started HERE!
Parking for all HOPE on the Slopes participants will be in the overflow lots (Lot E) only. Please make sure your car is parked there prior to 11:00pm or you may be towed at your own expense. Anyone staying in the RV Lot will need to get a RV Pass from Guest Relations. Quiet hours for the parking lots and RV Lot are 10:00pm and will be enforced. Please be respectful of your neighbors and obey posted signs and quiet hours. Parking MAP HERE!
- 7am- Registration Opens (Trailside Room)- Please enter through the lobby in the Pacific Crest Lodge
- 7:30am-8:45 am- Registration and HOTS access loaded (Trailside Room)
- 8:45am- Opening Ceremony (Outside Trailside Room/Pacific Crest Lodge)
- 9am- Endurance challenge tracking begins on all five base are lifts with RFID gates (Daisy, Kehr's, Brooks, Hogsback and Skyline)
- 10am-10pm- HOTS access loaded in Guest Relations
- 1pm- Scavenger Hunt (Check in with HOTS staff for details)
- 5pm- Poker Run (Check in with HOTS staff for details)
- 6pm- 10pm- Live Music with Buzz Brump (Foggy Goggle)
- 9pm- Torchlight Parade (Load Kehr's Chair at 9pm. Must have wristband with signed liability)
- 9:15pm- Torchilight Parade comes down Big Chief (Showcase)
- 10pm-11pm- Break for participants, Pizza Party (Taco Stop/ Pacific Crest Lodge), Grooming of Kehr's
- 11pm- Endurance challenge resumes
- 11pm-2am- Participants ride/ski Hogsback
- 2am-6am- Participants ride/ski Kehr's
- 6am-9am- Participants ride/ski Hogsback
- 9am/Sunday - Endurance Challenge ends
- 10am/Sunday- Closing cermonies and awards (Trailside Room/Outside Pacific Crest Lodge)
*All event times and locations subject to change without notice*
Pacific Crest Lodge will be open 24 hours for folks to sleep, use bathrooms and hang out. Please remember no outside alcohol is allowed at Stevens Pass and that alcohol purchased in the bars and designated areas must remain in those locations. Stevens Pass is on USDA Forest Service land so also keep in mind that marijuana is illegal on federal land while it is legal in the state of Washington. Please be respectful of your fellow HOTS riders and guests by following the posted signs and policies on hill and in the lodges. Food services will be closed from 10pm-7:30am so you will want to bring snacks if you want something during the late night and early am hours. Water fountains, ATM, restrooms, garbages, compost and recycling are all available during the 24 hour event in the Pacific Crest Lodge.