Skiers Responsibility Code
There are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce.
Maintain control of your speed and direction at all times.
Ski in a manner that does not endanger others.
Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible to others.
Obey all signs and posted warnings.
Keep off closed trails
Report all accidents.
Watch for unmarked obstacles.
For the enjoyment of all trail users, please keep the following points in mind:
- Most trails are bidirectional - please stay on the right side of the trail.
- A climbing skier should yield right-of-way to a descending skier.
- Skiers should step to the far side of the track when overtaken by a faster skier.
- Do not walk or skate ski across a groomed classic ski track.
- Skiers pulling pulks should use the skate lane.
- Fill your sitz marks.
- Pack out garbage.
- No foot traffic.
- Snowshoers must stay on the marked snowshoe-specific trails at all times, and cross ski trails only at designated locations.
- Pets are not allowed on the trails, trailhead, or in the Cascade Depot and must remain on a leash in the parking lots.
- Never enter onto the firing line or target area of the biathlon range unless properly cleared by the chief of course.
- Sledding and sledding devices are not allowed within Stevens Pass' permit boundary area, which includes the Nordic Center.