When:Saturday, March 1 2014 - Sunday, March 2 2014
Come push yourself for a great cause! Stevens Pass is once again partnering with the American Cancer Society for this annual benefit. Form a team to raise money for the ACS, and push each other to ski or ride for 24 hours straight, all in the name of cancer research. To register yourself or a team, please visit the Hope on the Slopes website!
The 24-hour endurance challenge returns this season - participants are challenged to log two runs every hour for 24 hours! Participants can ski or ride from 9am Saturday until 9am Sunday. Please note, there is NO vertical challenge at this year's event. We will be logging runs based on access through RFID gates.
There will be sweet prizes for top individual fundraisers and more! If you've raised a minimum of $100 (by Wednesday, February 26th), you'll also receive a special Hope on the Slopes t-shirt!
This year's event will also include a bunch of fun activities throughout the day, including a Five Card Draw run, on-mountain scavenger hunt, costume contest and more!
ALL participants must have a completed, signed Stevens Pass waiver in order to participate - you can download this waiver HERE. A parent/guardian must sign waivers for anyone under the age of 18.
- 7:30am: Registration opens (Trailside Room, 1st floor of the Pacific Crest Lodge)
- 8:45am: Opening ceremony (outside the Trailside Room)
- 9am-10pm: Lifts are open; 24-hour endurance challenge
- 10pm-11pm: Mandatory break for all participants
- 11pm: Remembrance run
- 11pm-9am: Lift is open for participants only; 24-hour endurance challenge continues
- 10am Sunday: Closing ceremony & winers announced (outside the Trailside Room)
Overnight Lift Schedule:
- 11pm-2am: Kehr's Chair
- 2am-6am: Hogsback
- 6am-9am: Kehr's Chair
Lift Access Information:
- ALL participants MUST have Hope on the Slopes (HOTS) access on your media in order to ski/ride overnight. HOTS access will allow you access to the lifts from 9am Saturday, March 1st THROUGH 6pm Sunday, March 2nd.
- All participants MUST check in at the Trailside Room before adding your HOTS access to your media.
- If you are a season pass holder (everyday), simply have HOTS access added to your season pass at no extra charge.
- If you are a season pass holder (weekday), please have HOTS access added to your weekday pass - you will be charged the HOTS event access rate (see pricing below).
- If you are a PNW Advantage Pass holder (pay as you go), please have HOTS access added to your PNW Advantage pass - you will be charged the HOTS event access rate (see pricing below).
- If you need to purchase a lift ticket, please request a HOTS lift ticket when you purchase your lift ticket (see pricing below).
Special Hope on the Slopes Ticket Pricing:
- HOTS access will allow you access to the lifts from 9am Saturday, March 1st THROUGH 6pm Sunday, March 2nd.
- Ages 16-69: $67
- Ages 7-15: $47
- Ages 70+: $15
- Ages 6 & Under: Free (you must still have a piece of media with HOTS access in order to access the lift, even though there is no charge)
Card Run: Try your luck to beat the other competitors at 5 Card Draw.
Scavenger Hunt: Want to find the "Golden Egg", Clues will be posted around the mountain to lead you on the hunt.
Superhero Contest: Dress up as a Superhero! There will be an allowed time to generate additional funds for your team or as an individaul by receiving donations on the mountain. Who knows, you could be named "HOTS Superhero, 2014"
Kids Competition: (up to 10 years old). Check out the beginner hill and see what fun games we will have for the younger generation. - See more at: http://hopeontheslopes.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1087195#sthash.oEouApko.dpuf
For more information and to register, please visit the Hope on the Slopes website.