When:Saturday, March 15 2014 - Sunday, March 16 2014
Celebrate two telemark legends at the 31st annual Sven & Glenn Telemark Festival!
- Divisions: Novice, Open and Mature (45+)
- Cost: $30 per day, or $50 for both days
- Discounted lift tickets are available to racers on Saturday and Sunday for $40
- Awards ceremony on Sunday in the Summit Room with tons of prizes and refreshments!
Saturday features The Sven, a classic race combining Nordic with Cross Country Downhill in a wilderness setting. Pay tribute to a longtime Stevens Pass local who loved racing and diligently supported telemark skiing in the PNW. The Sven includes a jump, Reipelykkje, skate portion and downhill gates, and is open to any equipment (not just telemark).
- Saturday's registration is from 8:30am-9:30am in the Pacific Crest Lodge.
- The race begins at 11am at Tye Bowl
Sunday features The Glenn, a downhill race with two timed giant slalom runs screaming down Big Chief. The Glenn also features a costume division, so start planning! In the 80's, Glenn Willcut first introduced telemark ski racing to Stevens Pass, where it continues to thrive today.
- Sunday's registration is from 8:30am-9:30am in the Pacific Crest Lodge.
- The race begins at 10am on Showcase
Download your event liability waiver HERE (parents/guardians must sign for anyone under the age of 18).